Well....I've entered the blogging world and will try to update occasionally. I don't plan on making my life blogging, but I will update on the fun & exciting things happening with the Garza's :)
My first blog was going to be our new apartment, but I have to tidy up the place before I take pictures, so I'll write about my trip to Chicago. I just went on a business trip to Chicago for the LPL Conference. This year we had 7,000 advisors and staff in attendance. LPL is the largest broker/dealer nationwide. I'll be sure to buy some of their stock when they chose to go public. They are a great corporation with awesome leadership. But, enough about LPL, I'll show you a few pictures of the fun things we did while we were there. The river was right in front of our hotel, so we were in a great location. And, the theater for Wicked was one block away!
The first day, we went to eat pizza. So we tried Lou Malnati's.
This pizza place was good.....but not as good as Giordano's. By far the Best Pizza in Chicago. Check it out.....stuffed crust and thick!
At the opening day of the conference, we were entertained by musician Sheryl Crow! It was a great performance and a fun concert. It is neat that LPL brings in known artist for their opening and closing parties. (see her video at the end)
We went to see "Wicked" at the Oriental Theater that was recently restored to its original grandeur. In 1997 it was renamed the Ford Center for the Performing Arts and the restoration was completed in October 1998. There is so much detail to this place it is just like all the buildings in Europe. The Oriental Theater was first opened on May 8, 1926. I tried to take a picture of the inside, but they caught me, so this is all we have. I highly recommend a musical here is you go to Chicago!
The closing ceremony for LPL was a nice dinner reception with musician Bonnie Raitt. I knew one of her songs "Let's give them something to talk about." Definitley more geared for the older group of advisors. :)Laura and I at Bonnie Raitt Concert.

Overlooking Lake Michigan! Saunders & Associates crew - Glenn, me, Laura and Barbara.
Enjoy a Video of Sheryl Crow!!!!

3 comments:
yippeeee! you are a blogger!
i tagged you! you need to blog more :)
So I just noticed from Micahl's page that you have a blog! Just know that I am checking it now, so you need to keep me updated on what is going on with you guys!
Post a Comment